A Scientist who studies weather and climate is called a Meteorologist.
A person who studies weather is called a Meteorologist. A Meteorologist studies the atmosphere, weather forecasts and studies the consequence of climate of a specific area and its people. A person who is expert in the study of Meteorology is known as a Meteorologist.
Meteorology is the scientific study of the atmosphere and climate. The branch of science that deals with the progression and phenomena of the atmospheric conditions is called Meteorology. Meteorology is the methodical study of climatic conditions and its causes. It provides the base for forecast.
- You should consult a Meteorologist before planning the trip to Himalayas.
- What is the name of a scientist who studies weather?
- What do you call a person who studies weather?
- Who studies weather?
- What do you call someone who studies climate?
- What is the name of a person who studies weather or climate?
- Someone who can predict future events with the help of present indications or signs is called Prognosticator.
- Someone who can predicts, especially climate, by analyzing the meteorological data is called Forecaster.
Facts about Meteorology
- Meteorology, also known as the weather forecast is the study of the atmosphere which assists in climate forecasting.
- The term meteorology is derived from Greek words Meteoros which means in the sky and logia which means study.
- Aristotle, who is considered to be the founder of meteorology, wrote about meteorology in 350 B.C.
- On August the 1st 1861 in London, England, the first ever daily climate forecast was printed in Times.
- The tool which is used to measure barometric pressure and changes for weather forecasting is called a barometer.
- Meteorologists mostly study troposphere, the lower part of the atmosphere because the other layers or parts of atmosphere normally have rarely any influence on the climate. The higher layers only have a tendency to influence the climate during extreme conditions such as tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Generally meteorology is used for climate forecasting; it is also involved in aviation for air traffic management, utility companies, maritime for ocean climate and shipping, forestry during fire seasons, nuclear for how the aerosols and gases are dispersed in the atmosphere and agriculture.
- Weather satellites are used to gather information about progression and phenomena of the atmosphere, meteorologists also use simple gadgets such as thermometers.
- Today meteorology often uses chaos theory called ensemble models in their calculations to understand diverse climatic reservations.
- Crickets, some people accept as true, can predict how strong the forthcoming weather will be. The more the crickets chirp, the severe the forthcoming weather is.
- Meteorologists through the United Nations network and World Meteorological Organization, share their climate observations, in order to create more accurate models and forecasts.
- Some popular movies about harsh climate are:
- This movie is about tornados. Twister is the first Hollywood feature movie that was released on a DVD format.
- The Day After Tomorrow
- This movie is about the Earth freezing with one huge blizzard. This movie is filmed in Montreal and Toronto, Canada.
- The Perfect Storm
- This movie is about a fishing boat that got stuck in the middle of Atlantic. Warner Bros. Pictures released this movie on June 30,2000.
- Groundhog Day
- In this movie a meteorologist gets stuck on the same day for eternity.
- Storm of the Century
- It is a horror TV miniseries about a small town on an island receiving an unknown visitor during a large blizzard.